90-year-old Saudi man remarries to fulfil deceased wife`s wish
Dubai: A 90-year-old Saudi man was "forced" to marry a bride almost 40 years his junior, after his children insisted that he honour their mother`s dying wish.
The bride, 53, was selected by Fatees Al Thaqafi`s five daughters, who spent three months looking for the right wife for their father, the Gulf News reported on .
The daughters rejected any "young woman" and looked for a mature woman who would be right for their father. They eventually found a childless widow in a remote village who accepted the marriage proposal.
Al Thaqafi initially refused to remarry after his wife died earlier this year following a long illness.
The couple had seven sons and five daughters. Even though his sick wife told him he should have a second wife, he refused and instead looked after her, the report said.
A large number of relatives and friends attended the marriage ceremony in Taef in western Saudi Arabia.
"Emotions of happiness for our father mixed with strong feelings about our dead mother. We pray for our mother and wish our father contentment and success in his new life," Abdullah, the groom`s eldest son, said after the ceremony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America