91 injured in US passenger plane crash
Washington: At least 91 people were hurt
after an American Airlines plane overshot a runway and crashed
into a fence in Kingston in Jamaica during bad weather, but
none of the passengers had life-threatening injuries,
officials said today.
Though 91 passengers were injured in the crash of the
plane which arrived in Kingston from Miami, none of them was
reported to be in critical condition. The flight, which
originated from Washington, had 154 people aboard -- 148
passengers and six crew members.
Jamaican Information Minister Daryl Vaz said most of the
injured had been released from hospitals. Four passengers may
have to stay overnight at the hospital, Vaz said.
"The majority of injuries are broken bones and of course
cuts and bruises and badly shaken up," Vaz was quoted as
"Flight 331, the Boeing 737 aircraft, that was en route
from Miami International Airport to Kingston in Jamaica`s
Norman Manley International Airport overran the runway on
landing," the American Airlines said in a statement.
Tim Smith, an American Airlines spokesman, denied reports
that the Boeing 737 broke into pieces but did say that there
was damage to the fuselage, some cracks and the landing gear
on one side of the plane collapsed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata