91 injured in US passenger plane crash
Washington: At least 91 people were hurt
after an American Airlines plane overshot a runway and crashed
into a fence in Kingston in Jamaica during bad weather, but
none of the passengers had life-threatening injuries,
officials said today.
Though 91 passengers were injured in the crash of the
plane which arrived in Kingston from Miami, none of them was
reported to be in critical condition. The flight, which
originated from Washington, had 154 people aboard -- 148
passengers and six crew members.
Jamaican Information Minister Daryl Vaz said most of the
injured had been released from hospitals. Four passengers may
have to stay overnight at the hospital, Vaz said.
"The majority of injuries are broken bones and of course
cuts and bruises and badly shaken up," Vaz was quoted as
"Flight 331, the Boeing 737 aircraft, that was en route
from Miami International Airport to Kingston in Jamaica`s
Norman Manley International Airport overran the runway on
landing," the American Airlines said in a statement.
Tim Smith, an American Airlines spokesman, denied reports
that the Boeing 737 broke into pieces but did say that there
was damage to the fuselage, some cracks and the landing gear
on one side of the plane collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened