A Hindu family in UAE observing Ramadan since last 14 years
Dubai: A Hindu family in Abu Dhabi has been fasting Ramadan for last 14 years to maintain self-discipline and shed extra weight.
The Gulf News reports that Indian expat Vakkam Jayalal, along with his wife Yamuna and two grown-up children, observe fast throughout Ramadan.
A UAE resident for 32 years, Jayalal, hails from Kerala and works as a coordinator at a civil consultant firm, the report added.
Jayalal said that he started fasting 21 years ago when he lived with a Muslim family in Abu Dhabi.
The family claims that they take on the month-long exercise in spiritual cleansing and devotion every year to benefit both physically and mentally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad