A Hindu family in UAE observing Ramadan since last 14 years
Dubai: A Hindu family in Abu Dhabi has been fasting Ramadan for last 14 years to maintain self-discipline and shed extra weight.
The Gulf News reports that Indian expat Vakkam Jayalal, along with his wife Yamuna and two grown-up children, observe fast throughout Ramadan.
A UAE resident for 32 years, Jayalal, hails from Kerala and works as a coordinator at a civil consultant firm, the report added.
Jayalal said that he started fasting 21 years ago when he lived with a Muslim family in Abu Dhabi.
The family claims that they take on the month-long exercise in spiritual cleansing and devotion every year to benefit both physically and mentally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH