A tale of another Fidel Castro!
San Juan: When a 49-year-old native of Cuba took an oath in an American court and promised to fulfil the duties as a US citizen, the people present in the court had a hearty laugh - all because the person`s name was Fidel Castro Sotolongo.
Fidel Castro Sotolongo was granted American citizenship at a federal court in Puerto Rico amid hilarity all around because of having the same name as the former Cuban president.
When he raised his right hand, spoke his name out loud, it got a big laugh from all assembled, San Juan`s El Nuevo Dia newspaper reported.
Castro Sotolongo said the confusion and jokes have become a normal part of his life, particularly when he makes his presence known by saying his name aloud or when he has to present his documents.
He recalled an occasion when his name enabled him to avoid a speeding ticket in Puerto Rico. After seeing the name on his licence, the police officer told him: "I can`t believe I`m going to slap a fine on Fidel Castro."
He admitted in an interview that he doesn`t like his name, the reason why, since he arrived in Puerto Rico, he has asked people to call him Leo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air