A tale of another Fidel Castro!
San Juan: When a 49-year-old native of Cuba took an oath in an American court and promised to fulfil the duties as a US citizen, the people present in the court had a hearty laugh - all because the person`s name was Fidel Castro Sotolongo.
Fidel Castro Sotolongo was granted American citizenship at a federal court in Puerto Rico amid hilarity all around because of having the same name as the former Cuban president.
When he raised his right hand, spoke his name out loud, it got a big laugh from all assembled, San Juan`s El Nuevo Dia newspaper reported.
Castro Sotolongo said the confusion and jokes have become a normal part of his life, particularly when he makes his presence known by saying his name aloud or when he has to present his documents.
He recalled an occasion when his name enabled him to avoid a speeding ticket in Puerto Rico. After seeing the name on his licence, the police officer told him: "I can`t believe I`m going to slap a fine on Fidel Castro."
He admitted in an interview that he doesn`t like his name, the reason why, since he arrived in Puerto Rico, he has asked people to call him Leo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune