A woman’s place is in home with kids: Carla Bruni
London: Carla Bruni, who has lived a life far removed from most women’s, has suggested that a woman’s place is in the home with her children.
The 44-year-old former model, who was France’s First Lady for four years until May, declared that “we don’t need to be feminist in my generation”.
“There are pioneers who opened the breach,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying in an interview for the January issue of Vogue magazine.
“I’m not at all an active feminist. On the contrary, I’m a bourgeois. I love family life, I love doing the same thing every day.”
“I’ve ended up becoming my mother in some respects, despite my eight years of analysis!” she said.
Ironically, months before becoming President Nicolas Sarkozy’s third wife in 2008, the former supermodel and pop singer said “monogamy bores me” and described herself as a “tamer of men”.
Her past lovers include English rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton, as well as a number of other famous politicians and businessmen.
Mrs Carla Bruni Sarkozy’s typically forthright declarations are unlikely to go down well with feminists or those from less privileged backgrounds.
Being born into a family of wealthy Italian industrialists, she dropped out of college to pursue a modelling career and quickly became one of the world’s highest-paid catwalk stars.
She owns at least two homes in France and has permanent domestic staff, drivers and other assistants.
Soon after becoming the First Lady, she turned into a devout conservative wife who shared her husband’s right-wing views on almost everything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price