A woman’s place is in home with kids: Carla Bruni
London: Carla Bruni, who has lived a life far removed from most women’s, has suggested that a woman’s place is in the home with her children.
The 44-year-old former model, who was France’s First Lady for four years until May, declared that “we don’t need to be feminist in my generation”.
“There are pioneers who opened the breach,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying in an interview for the January issue of Vogue magazine.
“I’m not at all an active feminist. On the contrary, I’m a bourgeois. I love family life, I love doing the same thing every day.”
“I’ve ended up becoming my mother in some respects, despite my eight years of analysis!” she said.
Ironically, months before becoming President Nicolas Sarkozy’s third wife in 2008, the former supermodel and pop singer said “monogamy bores me” and described herself as a “tamer of men”.
Her past lovers include English rock stars Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton, as well as a number of other famous politicians and businessmen.
Mrs Carla Bruni Sarkozy’s typically forthright declarations are unlikely to go down well with feminists or those from less privileged backgrounds.
Being born into a family of wealthy Italian industrialists, she dropped out of college to pursue a modelling career and quickly became one of the world’s highest-paid catwalk stars.
She owns at least two homes in France and has permanent domestic staff, drivers and other assistants.
Soon after becoming the First Lady, she turned into a devout conservative wife who shared her husband’s right-wing views on almost everything.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users