Abandon Cold War mentality, China tells US
Beijing: China Monday asked the US to abandon its "Cold War mentality" and cease making groundless accusations against Beijing, a foreign ministry spokesperson said.
Spokesperson Liu Weimin made the remark when commenting on an annual national security threat assessment report delivered by the US government, reported Xinhua.
The report stated that China has invaded American computer networks on a large scale, stolen intellectual property and conducted economic espionage. The report also named Chinese intelligence agencies as the biggest threat to the US in relevant fields for the next few years.
Liu said the accusations are "totally fictitious" and were made with an ulterior motive in mind.
Cyberattacks are transnational and anonymous, Liu said, adding that it is "unprofessional and irresponsible" to deduce the source of an attack without a thorough investigation.
The spokesperson said China has repeatedly declared its stance on issues regarding Internet security. China is willing to continue cooperation with the international community on safeguarding Internet security, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack