Abbas to invite Israeli leaders for peace talks
Ramallah: The Palestinian President is going to invite top Israeli lawmakers to the West Bank for talks in a bid to make sure peacemaking is on the new government`s agenda.
According to a senior Palestinian official, “The overture is meant to capitalize on the unexpected strength of moderates in Israel`s incoming Parliament.”
Abed Rabbo says Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas wants to sit down with Israeli lawmakers before Israel forms its next government.
He said today that all Israeli parties, "particularly the new ones," would be invited for dialogue on future accords.
He did not say when the invitations would go out.
Abed Rabbo says the Palestinians have not dropped their demand that Israel halt all settlement construction before they return to talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi