Abbas to invite Israeli leaders for peace talks
Ramallah: The Palestinian President is going to invite top Israeli lawmakers to the West Bank for talks in a bid to make sure peacemaking is on the new government`s agenda.
According to a senior Palestinian official, “The overture is meant to capitalize on the unexpected strength of moderates in Israel`s incoming Parliament.”
Abed Rabbo says Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas wants to sit down with Israeli lawmakers before Israel forms its next government.
He said today that all Israeli parties, "particularly the new ones," would be invited for dialogue on future accords.
He did not say when the invitations would go out.
Abed Rabbo says the Palestinians have not dropped their demand that Israel halt all settlement construction before they return to talks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!