Abe`s confidante secretly visits Japan to rebuild ties
Tokyo: Confidante of Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe secretly visited Beijing earlier this week in an apparent effort to improve strained relations with China.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga later confirmed that Shotaro Yachi, former Vice Foreign Minister and a long-time ally of Abe, secretly met high-ranking officials.
Due to the strained relations over territorial dispute of the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea, known as Diaoyu in China, the two countries have not made direct contact with each other, the Japan Times report.
According to the report, the report of Yachi`s visit, together with Abe`s comment on a possible meeting with Chinese Prime Minister, Xi Jinping, has raised speculation that the two countries may be in unofficial talks to arrange a summit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1