Abu Dhabi court upholds Indian`s death sentence for schoolgirl rape
Dubai: An appeals court in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sunday upheld the death sentence of an Indian janitor for raping a seven-year-old schoolgirl in Abu Dhabi.
The 56-year-old man, identified only as IK, was found guilty of raping the Emirati girl in the kitchen of a private school in the country`s capital, The National reported.
The defendant was earlier awarded death sentence by a lower court.
On the day of the incident, a teacher had asked the youngster to take some papers to the school administration.
IK saw the girl and pulled her into a kitchen and raped her. The assault was discovered by the child`s aunt when she found blood on her clothes.
The defence argued that there was no forensic evidence to suggest that IK had committed the rape and based on the testimonies of teachers at the school, it was impossible to take place in the kitchen situated in the school`s administration without anyone noticing.
However, the report did not mention as to when the incident happened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why