Abu Dhabi launches world`s largest statistical map
Abu Dhabi: The world`s largest statistical map was launched Tuesday at the Statistics Centre of Abu Dhabi.
The centre organised the ceremony under the theme "Abu Dhabi Over Half a Century".
Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, UAE`s minister of culture, youth and community development launched the map about Abu Dhabi in presence of Sheikh Dhiyab bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, son of the crown prince of Abu Dhabi; Sultan bin Ahmed Sultan Al Jaber, minister of state, a number of senior officials, board members of the statistics centre and Amer Al Mahri, director of government communication and community of Emirates ID.
The map details the significant developments in Abu Dhabi`s history through time series covering the sixties under the title "Abu Dhabi Before the Union", followed by the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, then the first decade of the new millennium and finally "Present of Abu Dhabi from 2010 to 2013".
It shows the audience the prominent developments that took place in Abu Dhabi and demonstrates its bright image over fifty years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?