Abu Hamza to get new set of rubber hands
London: Hate preacher Abu Hamza is to be given a new set of rubber hands because US authorities consider his hooks a security risk, the Daily Mail reported.
The suspected al Qaeda cheerleader has been told he will not be able to have his usual metal hooks while awaiting trial on terrorism charges.
The US and have refused to hand them back to Hamza after he arrived in New York over the weekend after his extradition from Britain Oct 6.
Hamza is being held in the Manhattan Metropolitan Correction Centre in New York city, the Mail said Wednesday. He lost his hands after a mine exploded while fighting the Soviet Army in Afghanistan.
He was extradited to the US after an eight year legal battle on terrorism charged stemming from attempting to open a terror camp in Oregon and assisting in the kidnapping of 16 tourists, including two Americans, in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price