Abu Hamza to get new set of rubber hands
London: Hate preacher Abu Hamza is to be given a new set of rubber hands because US authorities consider his hooks a security risk, the Daily Mail reported.
The suspected al Qaeda cheerleader has been told he will not be able to have his usual metal hooks while awaiting trial on terrorism charges.
The US and have refused to hand them back to Hamza after he arrived in New York over the weekend after his extradition from Britain Oct 6.
Hamza is being held in the Manhattan Metropolitan Correction Centre in New York city, the Mail said Wednesday. He lost his hands after a mine exploded while fighting the Soviet Army in Afghanistan.
He was extradited to the US after an eight year legal battle on terrorism charged stemming from attempting to open a terror camp in Oregon and assisting in the kidnapping of 16 tourists, including two Americans, in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'