Abu Hamza to get new set of rubber hands
London: Hate preacher Abu Hamza is to be given a new set of rubber hands because US authorities consider his hooks a security risk, the Daily Mail reported.
The suspected al Qaeda cheerleader has been told he will not be able to have his usual metal hooks while awaiting trial on terrorism charges.
The US and have refused to hand them back to Hamza after he arrived in New York over the weekend after his extradition from Britain Oct 6.
Hamza is being held in the Manhattan Metropolitan Correction Centre in New York city, the Mail said Wednesday. He lost his hands after a mine exploded while fighting the Soviet Army in Afghanistan.
He was extradited to the US after an eight year legal battle on terrorism charged stemming from attempting to open a terror camp in Oregon and assisting in the kidnapping of 16 tourists, including two Americans, in Yemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM