Abu Qatada could walk free on bail within days
London: UK hate cleric and terror suspect Abu Qatada could be released from jail within days after he filed a new bail application in the UK.
Qatada`s bail application, filed by his lawyers, will be heard on May 28.
The latest move comes after it was revealed that almost GBP three million has been spent in legal fees to kick the radical cleric out of Britain.
"We believe Qatada poses a real risk to national security and will continue vigorously to resist any application for him to be bailed," Express.co.uk quoted a Home Office spokeswoman as saying.
Qatada, described as Osama bin Laden`s right-hand in Europe, is being represented by human rights lawyers Gareth Peirce and Edward Fitzgerald QC.
Security expert Patrick Mercer said: "I`m sick to death of this man wasting taxpayers` money. We need to see the back of him."
He is fighting deportation to his native country Jordan over terror charges.
Labour MP Ian Davidson said: "The Government has got to take decisive action before this man and his lawyers bleed us all to death."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci