Accused US Holocaust museum shooter dies
Washington: The 89-year-old man accused of a deadly shooting at Washington`s Holocaust museum has died in a prison hospital.
At a federal prison in North Carolina, spokeswoman Denise Simmons confirms that James von Brunn died shortly before 1 pm (local time) today.
Von Brunn had been awaiting trial for the killing of security guard Stephen T Johns at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum on June 10. Von Brunn had been wounded by return fire but survived.
Officials at the prison hospital had previously said chronic medical problems had complicated a psychiatric evaluation for the suspect, a white supremacist who prior to the shooting had written racist and anti-Semitic screeds on the Internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city