Acid thrown at 11-year-old boy in China
Beijing: An 11-year-old student in east China`s Nanjing city was seriously burnt when a 51-year-old man threw acid at him on Thursday, police said.
Police are offering 10,000 yuan (around $1,600) as reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect, identified as Cai Shilin, Xinhua reported.
Cai is suspected to have poured acid on the fourth-grade student from Chalu Primary School, when the boy was on his way to school around 7.40 am.
The child`s face was seriously burnt and he had to be hospitalised. He remains under treatment in the intensive care unit.
Initial investigation indicated that Cai took revenge after he broke up with the boy`s divorced mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight