Acid thrown at 11-year-old boy in China
Beijing: An 11-year-old student in east China`s Nanjing city was seriously burnt when a 51-year-old man threw acid at him on Thursday, police said.
Police are offering 10,000 yuan (around $1,600) as reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect, identified as Cai Shilin, Xinhua reported.
Cai is suspected to have poured acid on the fourth-grade student from Chalu Primary School, when the boy was on his way to school around 7.40 am.
The child`s face was seriously burnt and he had to be hospitalised. He remains under treatment in the intensive care unit.
Initial investigation indicated that Cai took revenge after he broke up with the boy`s divorced mother.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed