Acid thrown at 11-year-old boy in China
Beijing: An 11-year-old student in east China`s Nanjing city was seriously burnt when a 51-year-old man threw acid at him on Thursday, police said.
Police are offering 10,000 yuan (around $1,600) as reward for information leading to the capture of the suspect, identified as Cai Shilin, Xinhua reported.
Cai is suspected to have poured acid on the fourth-grade student from Chalu Primary School, when the boy was on his way to school around 7.40 am.
The child`s face was seriously burnt and he had to be hospitalised. He remains under treatment in the intensive care unit.
Initial investigation indicated that Cai took revenge after he broke up with the boy`s divorced mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation