`Action against LeT, Haqqani should be discussed`
Washington: The US has said that action
against terrorist outfits Lashkar-e-Taiba and Haqqani network
is always a topic of discussion with Pakistan.
"(Defence) Secretary (Leon) Panetta spoke to our concern
about how these two organisations operate and any relationship
that they may have with Pakistan, which is a subject that we
talk about with Pakistan," State Department spokesperson
Victoria Nuland told reporters.
She, however, said this was a "different issue" than a
State being "a sponsor of terrorism itself".
Nuland`s comments come shortly after Panetta acknowledged
that Pakistan keeps ties with anti-India terror group LeT.
Asked if it was her understanding that what Panetta was
meaning to say was that the Pakistani government has
relationships with these two networks, Nuland said "No".
"We believe it is in our interest and it`s in the interest
of Pakistan that we continue to strengthen our cooperation and
collaboration," she said.
Nuland said there was no secret to anybody that US has a
robust dialogue with Pakistan on counter terrorism issues, and
it continues to try to strengthen their approach and
collaborate "as much as we can".
"Obviously, these two organisations that Secretary Panetta
spoke about are on the list of subjects that we talk about
together. But beyond that, I don`t think I`m going to get into
the substance," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress