Activist asks public to visit China Nobel wife
Beijing: Chinese activists are urging the public to visit dissident Liu Xiaobo`s wife to highlight that she has been under house arrest since her husband won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2010.
Activist Hu Jia said today that Chinese citizens and foreign politicians should visit Liu Xia at her guarded Beijing apartment to help her regain freedom. A Hong Kong online newspaper, Mingbao, published a detailed guide for visiting the home.
The Associated Press last month visited the apartment when guards apparently were on break, conducting Liu`s first interview in two years. Hu and other activists brushed past a guard to visit the home last week.
Hu is taking a cue from an earlier mobilisation to visit blind activist Chen Guangcheng in Shandong before he escaped house arrest last spring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar