Activists say dozens killed in central Syria
Beirut: Syrian activists say government troops have killed dozens of people in the central city of Homs. Omar Idilbi of the Local Coordination Committees says the killings took place Tuesday and left at least 37 civilians dead.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, put the death toll at 106 people, including women and children.
Abdul-Rahman and Idilbi both spoke today. Idilbi said his figure has not been updated since yesterday, adding that more bodies have been found since then. Homs is Syria`s third largest city. It has witnessed heavy fighting since shortly after the country`s crisis began in March 2011.
The area has witnessed clashes earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'