Activists say dozens killed in central Syria
Beirut: Syrian activists say government troops have killed dozens of people in the central city of Homs. Omar Idilbi of the Local Coordination Committees says the killings took place Tuesday and left at least 37 civilians dead.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, put the death toll at 106 people, including women and children.
Abdul-Rahman and Idilbi both spoke today. Idilbi said his figure has not been updated since yesterday, adding that more bodies have been found since then. Homs is Syria`s third largest city. It has witnessed heavy fighting since shortly after the country`s crisis began in March 2011.
The area has witnessed clashes earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh