Activists say dozens killed in central Syria
Beirut: Syrian activists say government troops have killed dozens of people in the central city of Homs. Omar Idilbi of the Local Coordination Committees says the killings took place Tuesday and left at least 37 civilians dead.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, put the death toll at 106 people, including women and children.
Abdul-Rahman and Idilbi both spoke today. Idilbi said his figure has not been updated since yesterday, adding that more bodies have been found since then. Homs is Syria`s third largest city. It has witnessed heavy fighting since shortly after the country`s crisis began in March 2011.
The area has witnessed clashes earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened