Activists say dozens killed in central Syria
Beirut: Syrian activists say government troops have killed dozens of people in the central city of Homs. Omar Idilbi of the Local Coordination Committees says the killings took place Tuesday and left at least 37 civilians dead.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, put the death toll at 106 people, including women and children.
Abdul-Rahman and Idilbi both spoke today. Idilbi said his figure has not been updated since yesterday, adding that more bodies have been found since then. Homs is Syria`s third largest city. It has witnessed heavy fighting since shortly after the country`s crisis began in March 2011.
The area has witnessed clashes earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling