Activists say dozens killed in central Syria
Beirut: Syrian activists say government troops have killed dozens of people in the central city of Homs. Omar Idilbi of the Local Coordination Committees says the killings took place Tuesday and left at least 37 civilians dead.
The director of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abdul-Rahman, put the death toll at 106 people, including women and children.
Abdul-Rahman and Idilbi both spoke today. Idilbi said his figure has not been updated since yesterday, adding that more bodies have been found since then. Homs is Syria`s third largest city. It has witnessed heavy fighting since shortly after the country`s crisis began in March 2011.
The area has witnessed clashes earlier this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch