Actress Taryn Manning charged with assault in NYC
New York: Prosecutors say actress Taryn Manning attacked and choked her personal assistant in a New York City hotel room.
The New York Post and Daily News report that Manning was arraigned yesterday after an early morning fight the day before with assistant Holliann Hartman inside the Dream Hotel in Chelsea.
Manning is charged with misdemeanor assault.
She spent more than 24 hours locked up before she was released.
The 33-year-old Manning is best known for playing Eminem`s ex-girlfriend in the 2002 movie "8 Mile."
Her lawyer, Joseph Tacopina, says Manning and the assistant got into a confrontation but it was not an assault.
He says it was "a little misunderstanding between the two." Manning is due back in court November 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!