Afghan vote audit suspended for several days over disagreements: IEC
Kabul: Afghanistan`s election commission on Saturday suspended the auditing process of 8.1 million votes cast in the presidential run-off poll on June 14, after the two candidates failed to reach agreement on the procedure for invalidating votes.
"The Independent Election Commission (IEC) has decided to suspend temporarily the vote audit until the fourth day of Eid, and we hope it is enough time for the candidates to sort out their differences," the IEC chairman Ahmad Yusuf Nuristani told a press conference Saturday.
The Muslim Eid festival which is expected to begin on Tuesday marks the end of fasting month of Ramadan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur