After al Qaeda No 2, `Dr Death` on US target
London: After the death of al Qaeda No 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi, analysts say the Egyptian surgeon known as "Dr Death" must see himself as the next target.
"He (Ayman al-Zawahiri) and what remains of the leadership must be shivering in their sandals. There are no longer any safe havens," The Sun quoted terror expert Chris Dobson, as saying.
Al-Libi died in a missile attack by the US on his hideout in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Tuesday. Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered the "operational brains" behind the 9/11 atrocities, is also thought to be in the South Asian country.
Libyan-born al-Libi was the seventh major terror chief killed by a drone strike in Pakistan in a year. The US said it was "another serious blow to core al Qaeda".
Meanwhile, a bombing at the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, was thought to be in retaliation. However, no one has been hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what