After al Qaeda No 2, `Dr Death` on US target
London: After the death of al Qaeda No 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi, analysts say the Egyptian surgeon known as "Dr Death" must see himself as the next target.
"He (Ayman al-Zawahiri) and what remains of the leadership must be shivering in their sandals. There are no longer any safe havens," The Sun quoted terror expert Chris Dobson, as saying.
Al-Libi died in a missile attack by the US on his hideout in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Tuesday. Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered the "operational brains" behind the 9/11 atrocities, is also thought to be in the South Asian country.
Libyan-born al-Libi was the seventh major terror chief killed by a drone strike in Pakistan in a year. The US said it was "another serious blow to core al Qaeda".
Meanwhile, a bombing at the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, was thought to be in retaliation. However, no one has been hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok