After al Qaeda No 2, `Dr Death` on US target
London: After the death of al Qaeda No 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi, analysts say the Egyptian surgeon known as "Dr Death" must see himself as the next target.
"He (Ayman al-Zawahiri) and what remains of the leadership must be shivering in their sandals. There are no longer any safe havens," The Sun quoted terror expert Chris Dobson, as saying.
Al-Libi died in a missile attack by the US on his hideout in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Tuesday. Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered the "operational brains" behind the 9/11 atrocities, is also thought to be in the South Asian country.
Libyan-born al-Libi was the seventh major terror chief killed by a drone strike in Pakistan in a year. The US said it was "another serious blow to core al Qaeda".
Meanwhile, a bombing at the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, was thought to be in retaliation. However, no one has been hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city