After al Qaeda No 2, `Dr Death` on US target
London: After the death of al Qaeda No 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi, analysts say the Egyptian surgeon known as "Dr Death" must see himself as the next target.
"He (Ayman al-Zawahiri) and what remains of the leadership must be shivering in their sandals. There are no longer any safe havens," The Sun quoted terror expert Chris Dobson, as saying.
Al-Libi died in a missile attack by the US on his hideout in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Tuesday. Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered the "operational brains" behind the 9/11 atrocities, is also thought to be in the South Asian country.
Libyan-born al-Libi was the seventh major terror chief killed by a drone strike in Pakistan in a year. The US said it was "another serious blow to core al Qaeda".
Meanwhile, a bombing at the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, was thought to be in retaliation. However, no one has been hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA