After al Qaeda No 2, `Dr Death` on US target
London: After the death of al Qaeda No 2 Abu Yahya al-Libi, analysts say the Egyptian surgeon known as "Dr Death" must see himself as the next target.
"He (Ayman al-Zawahiri) and what remains of the leadership must be shivering in their sandals. There are no longer any safe havens," The Sun quoted terror expert Chris Dobson, as saying.
Al-Libi died in a missile attack by the US on his hideout in Pakistan`s North Waziristan region on Tuesday. Ayman al-Zawahiri, considered the "operational brains" behind the 9/11 atrocities, is also thought to be in the South Asian country.
Libyan-born al-Libi was the seventh major terror chief killed by a drone strike in Pakistan in a year. The US said it was "another serious blow to core al Qaeda".
Meanwhile, a bombing at the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, was thought to be in retaliation. However, no one has been hurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen