Aftershock: 6.2 quake off British Columbia coast
Vancouver (British Columbia): The US Geological Survey says a magnitude 6.2 earthquake off the west coast of Canada is an aftershock of the magnitude 7.7 quake that struck Saturday night.
A geophysicist says the agency had no immediate reports that the latest quake that occured last night caused any significant damage or was widely felt.
The National Weather Service West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center said the last night quake was not expected to generate a tsunami.
USGS geophysicist Susan Hoover in Golden, Colorado, says an even larger aftershock a magnitude 6.3 quake was recorded on Sunday in the same general area off British Columbia`s Queen Charlotte Islands.
Since the 7.7 quake, Hoover says nearly 80 quakes registering magnitude 4.0 or higher have been recorded in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened