Aftershock: 6.2 quake off British Columbia coast
Vancouver (British Columbia): The US Geological Survey says a magnitude 6.2 earthquake off the west coast of Canada is an aftershock of the magnitude 7.7 quake that struck Saturday night.
A geophysicist says the agency had no immediate reports that the latest quake that occured last night caused any significant damage or was widely felt.
The National Weather Service West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center said the last night quake was not expected to generate a tsunami.
USGS geophysicist Susan Hoover in Golden, Colorado, says an even larger aftershock a magnitude 6.3 quake was recorded on Sunday in the same general area off British Columbia`s Queen Charlotte Islands.
Since the 7.7 quake, Hoover says nearly 80 quakes registering magnitude 4.0 or higher have been recorded in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'