Ahead of 9/11 anniversary, US issues travel alert
Washington: The United States on Friday issued a
worldwide travel alert for its citizens ahead of the 10th
anniversary of 9/11, even though it insisted that there is no
specific or credible intelligence about an eminent terrorist
attack by al Qaeda or its affiliates.
"As we mark the 10th Anniversary of the September 11,
2001, terrorist attacks, the Department of State informs US
citizens traveling and residing abroad of the continued threat
posed by al Qaeda and its affiliates," the State Department
"While we have not identified any specific threats from
al Qaeda affiliates and allies to attack the United States or
our interests on the 9/11 anniversary, US citizens should be
aware that al Qaeda affiliates and allies have demonstrated
the intent and capability to carry out attacks against the
United States and our interests around the world," it said in
a travel alert issued today.
In the past, terrorist organisations have on occasion
planned their attacks to coincide with significant dates on
the calendar, the State Department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III