Ahmadinejad accuses West of nuclear intimidation
United Nations: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has accused some "hegemonic powers" of intimidating his country, citing military threats from Israel, Xinhua reported.
"Arms race and intimidation by nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction by the hegemonic powers have become prevalent," Ahmadinejad said during the annual debate of the UN General Assembly.
"Continued threat by the uncivilised Zionists to resort to military action against our great nation is a clear example of this bitter reality," he added.
Ahmadinejad`s remarks came after US President Barack Obama warned Tuesday that time was "not unlimited" for the diplomatic settlement of the Iran nuclear issue, and that Washington would do what it must to stop Tehran from getting a nuclear bomb.
Major Western powers and Israel have long suspected that Tehran is secretly developing nuclear weapons, but Iran insists its nuclear programme is for civilian purposes only. Israel has threatened to use pre-emptive strikes to destroy Iranian nuclear facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!