Ahmadinejad speech reminder why Iran can`t be nuclear: Romney
Washington: Republican Presidential nominee Mitt Romney has said that the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s instigative speech at the UN, highlights why the Tehran can never be allowed to develop nuclear weapon capabilities.
"Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s speech at the United Nations today and his remarks earlier this week reminded the world why Iran`s regime can never be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons capability," Romney said in a statement after the speech of the Iranian president, which was boycotted by the US delegation to the United Nations.
"His threat to eliminate Israel and the disdain he expressed for the free world add to a long list of belligerent and disgusting statements. The United States must lead with resolve to ensure that the Iranian regime never obtains the means to realize its genocidal designs," Romney said.
In his speech at the UN General Assembly, Ahmadinejad said that "uncivilized Zionists" are threat to Iran.
"There is no doubt that the world is in need of a new world order and a fresh way of thinking. The current abysmal situation in the world and the bitter incidents of history are due mainly to the wrong management of the world and the self-proclaimed centers of power who have entrusted themselves to the devil," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!