Ahmadinejad statement on Holocaust unacceptable: Russia
Moscow: Iranian President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad`s statement that the Holocaust was "a myth" is
"totally unacceptable", the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a
statement on Saturday.
Such statements, wherever they come from, contradict the
truth and are totally unacceptable," ministry spokesman Andrei
Nesterenko said in the statement.
"Attempts to rewrite history, especially as the 70th
anniversary of the start of World War II is being marked this
year, are an offence to the memory of all victims and all
those who fought fascism," he added.
Nesterenko said Ahmadinejad`s comment "does not
contribute to creating an international atmosphere that would
foster a fruitful dialogue on issues concerning Iran."
Iran and six powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany,
Russia and the United States -- are to meet again on October 1
on Iran`s nuclear programme amid fears that Tehran is planning
to build an atomic bomb.
Ahmadinejad made the statement as he addressed the annual
Quds Day rally in Tehran yesterday, reiterating earlier
comments that had sparked outrage around the world.
The United States, Britain, France and Germany all issued
statements slamming his latest outburst dismissing the killing
of some six million Jews of occupied Europe by the Nazis
during World War II.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!