Ahmadinejad statement on Holocaust unacceptable: Russia
Moscow: Iranian President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad`s statement that the Holocaust was "a myth" is
"totally unacceptable", the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a
statement on Saturday.
Such statements, wherever they come from, contradict the
truth and are totally unacceptable," ministry spokesman Andrei
Nesterenko said in the statement.
"Attempts to rewrite history, especially as the 70th
anniversary of the start of World War II is being marked this
year, are an offence to the memory of all victims and all
those who fought fascism," he added.
Nesterenko said Ahmadinejad`s comment "does not
contribute to creating an international atmosphere that would
foster a fruitful dialogue on issues concerning Iran."
Iran and six powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany,
Russia and the United States -- are to meet again on October 1
on Iran`s nuclear programme amid fears that Tehran is planning
to build an atomic bomb.
Ahmadinejad made the statement as he addressed the annual
Quds Day rally in Tehran yesterday, reiterating earlier
comments that had sparked outrage around the world.
The United States, Britain, France and Germany all issued
statements slamming his latest outburst dismissing the killing
of some six million Jews of occupied Europe by the Nazis
during World War II.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi