Ahmadinejad statement on Holocaust unacceptable: Russia
Moscow: Iranian President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad`s statement that the Holocaust was "a myth" is
"totally unacceptable", the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a
statement on Saturday.
Such statements, wherever they come from, contradict the
truth and are totally unacceptable," ministry spokesman Andrei
Nesterenko said in the statement.
"Attempts to rewrite history, especially as the 70th
anniversary of the start of World War II is being marked this
year, are an offence to the memory of all victims and all
those who fought fascism," he added.
Nesterenko said Ahmadinejad`s comment "does not
contribute to creating an international atmosphere that would
foster a fruitful dialogue on issues concerning Iran."
Iran and six powers -- Britain, China, France, Germany,
Russia and the United States -- are to meet again on October 1
on Iran`s nuclear programme amid fears that Tehran is planning
to build an atomic bomb.
Ahmadinejad made the statement as he addressed the annual
Quds Day rally in Tehran yesterday, reiterating earlier
comments that had sparked outrage around the world.
The United States, Britain, France and Germany all issued
statements slamming his latest outburst dismissing the killing
of some six million Jews of occupied Europe by the Nazis
during World War II.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing