Ahmadinejad to auction his car for charity
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plans to auction off his car for charity, the news network Khabar reported Monday.
The minister for social welfare, Sadeq Mahsouli, said the president`s gesture was aimed at aiding a charity plan providing accommodation for low-income families.
The president`s car, an old Peugeot, has been put up for international auction and the starting price would soon be announced, Mahsouli said.
Accommodation is one of the biggest social issues in Iran, especially among the lower-income group, and Ahmadinejad has initiated a plan to provide affordable apartments.
How and when this plan is to be implemented and what the exact criteria for those eligible would be has not yet been clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab