Ahmadinejad to auction his car for charity
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plans to auction off his car for charity, the news network Khabar reported Monday.
The minister for social welfare, Sadeq Mahsouli, said the president`s gesture was aimed at aiding a charity plan providing accommodation for low-income families.
The president`s car, an old Peugeot, has been put up for international auction and the starting price would soon be announced, Mahsouli said.
Accommodation is one of the biggest social issues in Iran, especially among the lower-income group, and Ahmadinejad has initiated a plan to provide affordable apartments.
How and when this plan is to be implemented and what the exact criteria for those eligible would be has not yet been clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH