Ahmadinejad to auction his car for charity
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plans to auction off his car for charity, the news network Khabar reported Monday.
The minister for social welfare, Sadeq Mahsouli, said the president`s gesture was aimed at aiding a charity plan providing accommodation for low-income families.
The president`s car, an old Peugeot, has been put up for international auction and the starting price would soon be announced, Mahsouli said.
Accommodation is one of the biggest social issues in Iran, especially among the lower-income group, and Ahmadinejad has initiated a plan to provide affordable apartments.
How and when this plan is to be implemented and what the exact criteria for those eligible would be has not yet been clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA's final nod for fungal treatment drug
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- NIA says modus operandi same in Kathua, Samba and Pathankot terror attacks
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action