Ahmadinejad to auction his car for charity
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plans to auction off his car for charity, the news network Khabar reported Monday.
The minister for social welfare, Sadeq Mahsouli, said the president`s gesture was aimed at aiding a charity plan providing accommodation for low-income families.
The president`s car, an old Peugeot, has been put up for international auction and the starting price would soon be announced, Mahsouli said.
Accommodation is one of the biggest social issues in Iran, especially among the lower-income group, and Ahmadinejad has initiated a plan to provide affordable apartments.
How and when this plan is to be implemented and what the exact criteria for those eligible would be has not yet been clarified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets