Ahmadinejad urges Iran Parl to unite against evil
Tehran: Iran`s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has urged parliament to stand with him against "evil ones" who he says have encircled the nation.
The president`s address today to the opening session of the newly-elected parliament is seen as an appeal to conservative opponents who crushed Ahmadinejad`s allies in voting that ended earlier this month.
Iran is under pressure from Western countries who accuse it of trying to developing nuclear weapons technology. Iran denies the charge.
Ahmadinejad and the conservatives share similar views on foreign policy, but disagree on economic issues. The president lost their support when he was perceived to challenge the supremacy of top clerics last year.
Ahmadinejad also asked legislators not to intervene in his areas of authority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday