‘Ahmadinejad`s media adviser jailed’
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s media adviser, Ali-Akbar Javanfekr, has been jailed "for undermining the Islamic establishment and principles", the News Agency reported on Thursday.
Javanfekr, who was also the caretaker manager of the Iran Daily and chief of the official IRNA news agency, was arrested Wednesday and sent to prison.
New agency said a Tehran court sentenced Javanfekr to one year in jail in November 2011, but three months later an appeals court reduced his sentence to six months.
The court also banned him from engaging in media activities for three years for disrespecting Islamic principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report