‘Ahmadinejad`s media adviser jailed’
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s media adviser, Ali-Akbar Javanfekr, has been jailed "for undermining the Islamic establishment and principles", the News Agency reported on Thursday.
Javanfekr, who was also the caretaker manager of the Iran Daily and chief of the official IRNA news agency, was arrested Wednesday and sent to prison.
New agency said a Tehran court sentenced Javanfekr to one year in jail in November 2011, but three months later an appeals court reduced his sentence to six months.
The court also banned him from engaging in media activities for three years for disrespecting Islamic principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state