‘Ahmadinejad`s media adviser jailed’
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad`s media adviser, Ali-Akbar Javanfekr, has been jailed "for undermining the Islamic establishment and principles", the News Agency reported on Thursday.
Javanfekr, who was also the caretaker manager of the Iran Daily and chief of the official IRNA news agency, was arrested Wednesday and sent to prison.
New agency said a Tehran court sentenced Javanfekr to one year in jail in November 2011, but three months later an appeals court reduced his sentence to six months.
The court also banned him from engaging in media activities for three years for disrespecting Islamic principles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why