Air France jet makes emergency landing in Caracas
Caracas: An Air France jet has made an emergency landing in Venezuela and a government official says no one was hurt.
The flight carrying 207 passengers took off from Caracas` international airport on Wednesday night bound for Paris.
Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami said there was a problem with the Airbus A330`s landing gear. The plane returned and landed at Simon Bolivar International Airport nearly three hours after it took off.
El Aissami said on Twitter afterward: "All the passengers fine. Thanks to God!"
The Venezuelan rescue organisation Rescate Humboldt said in a statement that the problem was detected 29 minutes after takeoff and that the jet circled the airport to burn fuel as a precaution before making the emergency landing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!