Air France jet makes emergency landing in Caracas
Caracas: An Air France jet has made an emergency landing in Venezuela and a government official says no one was hurt.
The flight carrying 207 passengers took off from Caracas` international airport on Wednesday night bound for Paris.
Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami said there was a problem with the Airbus A330`s landing gear. The plane returned and landed at Simon Bolivar International Airport nearly three hours after it took off.
El Aissami said on Twitter afterward: "All the passengers fine. Thanks to God!"
The Venezuelan rescue organisation Rescate Humboldt said in a statement that the problem was detected 29 minutes after takeoff and that the jet circled the airport to burn fuel as a precaution before making the emergency landing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan