Air France jet makes emergency landing in Caracas
Caracas: An Air France jet has made an emergency landing in Venezuela and a government official says no one was hurt.
The flight carrying 207 passengers took off from Caracas` international airport on Wednesday night bound for Paris.
Justice Minister Tareck El Aissami said there was a problem with the Airbus A330`s landing gear. The plane returned and landed at Simon Bolivar International Airport nearly three hours after it took off.
El Aissami said on Twitter afterward: "All the passengers fine. Thanks to God!"
The Venezuelan rescue organisation Rescate Humboldt said in a statement that the problem was detected 29 minutes after takeoff and that the jet circled the airport to burn fuel as a precaution before making the emergency landing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh