Air strikes destroy 1/3 of Gaddafi`s weapons: NATO
Brussels: NATO says its aerial onslaught on
Muammar Gaddafi`s forces has so far destroyed 30 per cent of
the Libyan strongman`s military weapons.
Brig Gen Mark Van Uhm said today that NATO warplanes
had conducted 14 attacks on ground targets the previous day,
destroying radars, munitions dumps, armoured vehicles and a
NATO warplanes have flown a total of 851 sorties in
the six days since the alliance took command of all operations
from a US-led international force that had been bombing Libya
since March 19.
United States combat aircraft ended their role
yesterday, but US forces continue to provide support,
including aerial surveillance, reconnaissance, and aerial
refuelling to NATO allies.
The UN authorised military action to prevent attacks
by Gadhafi`s forces on Libyan civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him