Air strikes destroy 1/3 of Gaddafi`s weapons: NATO
Brussels: NATO says its aerial onslaught on
Muammar Gaddafi`s forces has so far destroyed 30 per cent of
the Libyan strongman`s military weapons.
Brig Gen Mark Van Uhm said today that NATO warplanes
had conducted 14 attacks on ground targets the previous day,
destroying radars, munitions dumps, armoured vehicles and a
NATO warplanes have flown a total of 851 sorties in
the six days since the alliance took command of all operations
from a US-led international force that had been bombing Libya
since March 19.
United States combat aircraft ended their role
yesterday, but US forces continue to provide support,
including aerial surveillance, reconnaissance, and aerial
refuelling to NATO allies.
The UN authorised military action to prevent attacks
by Gadhafi`s forces on Libyan civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan