Air strikes destroy 1/3 of Gaddafi`s weapons: NATO
Brussels: NATO says its aerial onslaught on
Muammar Gaddafi`s forces has so far destroyed 30 per cent of
the Libyan strongman`s military weapons.
Brig Gen Mark Van Uhm said today that NATO warplanes
had conducted 14 attacks on ground targets the previous day,
destroying radars, munitions dumps, armoured vehicles and a
NATO warplanes have flown a total of 851 sorties in
the six days since the alliance took command of all operations
from a US-led international force that had been bombing Libya
since March 19.
United States combat aircraft ended their role
yesterday, but US forces continue to provide support,
including aerial surveillance, reconnaissance, and aerial
refuelling to NATO allies.
The UN authorised military action to prevent attacks
by Gadhafi`s forces on Libyan civilians.
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'