AirAsia plane skids off runway in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Budget carrier AirAsia said on Tuesday that one of its Airbus A320 jets carrying 123 passengers skidded off a runway in the Malaysian city of Kuching and came to rest in a muddy field.
The carrier said that nobody was injured in the incident which occurred late Monday while the plane was landing in rainy conditions in Kuching, the capital of Sarawak state on Borneo island.
"The aircraft veered off the runway in Kuching International Airport," AirAsia said in a statement, adding that "the captain managed to bring the aircraft to a safe stop."
Subsequent flights to and from Kuching have been disrupted due to the temporary closure of the runway.
AirAsia said it will carry out a full investigation together with the Department of Civil Aviation, Malaysia`s aviation watchdog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!