AirAsia plane skids off runway in Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur: Budget carrier AirAsia said on Tuesday that one of its Airbus A320 jets carrying 123 passengers skidded off a runway in the Malaysian city of Kuching and came to rest in a muddy field.
The carrier said that nobody was injured in the incident which occurred late Monday while the plane was landing in rainy conditions in Kuching, the capital of Sarawak state on Borneo island.
"The aircraft veered off the runway in Kuching International Airport," AirAsia said in a statement, adding that "the captain managed to bring the aircraft to a safe stop."
Subsequent flights to and from Kuching have been disrupted due to the temporary closure of the runway.
AirAsia said it will carry out a full investigation together with the Department of Civil Aviation, Malaysia`s aviation watchdog.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy