AirAsia plane veers off runway upon landing in Brunei
Kuala Lumpur: An AirAsia flight from Malaysia to neighbouring Brunei veered off the runway upon landing Monday but all 109 people aboard were safe, the Malaysian budget carrier said.
AirAsia, Asia`s biggest budget carrier, said in a statement it was investigating what caused its flight AK278 from Kuala Lumpur to Bandar Seri Begawan to come off the runway.
"All passengers and crew on board disembarked safely, and there are no injuries reported for this incident," it said, adding there were 102 passengers and seven crew aboard the Airbus A320.
"Our team is working with the relevant authorities to identify the root cause of this incident."
The tiny oil-rich sultanate of Brunei is situated on Borneo island, which it shares with Indonesia and Malaysia.
Malaysia is still reeling from the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 four months ago.
The Boeing 777 with 239 people aboard lost contact en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8.
It is believed to have veered off course and crashed in the southern Indian Ocean, but an extensive search has so far failed to find any wreckage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy