AirAsia plane veers off runway upon landing in Brunei
Kuala Lumpur: An AirAsia flight from Malaysia to neighbouring Brunei veered off the runway upon landing today but all 109 people aboard were safe, the Malaysian budget carrier said.
AirAsia, Asia`s biggest budget carrier, said in a statement it was investigating what caused its flight AK278 from Kuala Lumpur to Bandar Seri Begawan to come off the runway.
"All passengers and crew on board disembarked safely, and there are no injuries reported for this incident," it said, adding there were 102 passengers and seven crew aboard the Airbus A320.
"Our team is working with the relevant authorities to identify the root cause of this incident."
The tiny oil-rich sultanate of Brunei is situated on Borneo island, which it shares with Indonesia and Malaysia.
Malaysia is still reeling from the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 four months ago.
The Boeing 777 with 239 people aboard lost contact en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8.
It is believed to have veered off course and crashed in the southern Indian Ocean, but an extensive search has so far failed to find any wreckage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof