Airbus may face charges over 2009 Rio-Paris crash
Paris: A French judge is deciding whether to file preliminary charges against planemaker Airbus over the 2009 crash of an Air France jet over the Atlantic Ocean.
The investigating judge will meet with lawyers from Airbus in Paris on Thursday. The judge could then issue preliminary charges pending further investigation.
An Airbus 330 en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris plunged into the ocean during a storm on June 01, 2009. All 228 people aboard flight 447 were killed.
Automatic messages sent by the plane`s computers show it was receiving false air speed readings from sensors known as pitot tubes. Investigators have said the crash was likely caused by a series of problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'