Airbus may face charges over 2009 Rio-Paris crash
Paris: A French judge is deciding whether to file preliminary charges against planemaker Airbus over the 2009 crash of an Air France jet over the Atlantic Ocean.
The investigating judge will meet with lawyers from Airbus in Paris on Thursday. The judge could then issue preliminary charges pending further investigation.
An Airbus 330 en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris plunged into the ocean during a storm on June 01, 2009. All 228 people aboard flight 447 were killed.
Automatic messages sent by the plane`s computers show it was receiving false air speed readings from sensors known as pitot tubes. Investigators have said the crash was likely caused by a series of problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed