Dubai: The head of Airbus said Monday that no technical fault has yet been detected for the October 31 crash in Egypt of an A-321 plane operated by Russian airline Metrojet.
"Well beyond the emotion and the compassion after this tragedy, I can say that so far, what we got from the investigation didn't trigger any action, technical action on our side, regarding the A-321 fleet," said Fabrice Bregier, the European manufacturer's chief executive officer.
"But we need to wait for the conclusion of the investigations," Bregier said at the Dubai Airshow.
Britain and the United States, as well as international investigators, suspect a bomb exploded on the Airbus which crashed after takeoff in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, killing all 224 people on board.
And Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev admitted today there was the "possibility of an act of terror" causing the crash.
But Egyptian officials insist there is no evidence yet of an attack on the plane.