Airliner evacuated in Chile after bomb threat
Santiago: Chilean authorities evacuated passengers and crew from an Iberia airline flight to Madrid, Spain, following a bomb threat on Sunday. Police said later they arrested a Chilean woman in the case.
Authorities said a team from Chile`s civil aviation agency searched the airliner and found no explosives.
A police official, Alfred Chiang, said on Sunday that investigators arrested a woman who had dropped off a passenger at the terminal. He said police were still trying to determine a motive for the call, which was made minutes before the airliner was to take off.
The civil aviation agency said 312 people were removed from the plane after the police communication centre received the threat.
Officials said passengers were taken to a nearby hotel and would be put on a new flight to Madrid on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued