Airliner evacuated in Chile after bomb threat
Santiago: Chilean authorities evacuated passengers and crew from an Iberia airline flight to Madrid, Spain, following a bomb threat on Sunday. Police said later they arrested a Chilean woman in the case.
Authorities said a team from Chile`s civil aviation agency searched the airliner and found no explosives.
A police official, Alfred Chiang, said on Sunday that investigators arrested a woman who had dropped off a passenger at the terminal. He said police were still trying to determine a motive for the call, which was made minutes before the airliner was to take off.
The civil aviation agency said 312 people were removed from the plane after the police communication centre received the threat.
Officials said passengers were taken to a nearby hotel and would be put on a new flight to Madrid on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test