Airliner evacuated in Chile after bomb threat
Santiago: Chilean authorities evacuated passengers and crew from an Iberia airline flight to Madrid, Spain, following a bomb threat on Sunday. Police said later they arrested a Chilean woman in the case.
Authorities said a team from Chile`s civil aviation agency searched the airliner and found no explosives.
A police official, Alfred Chiang, said on Sunday that investigators arrested a woman who had dropped off a passenger at the terminal. He said police were still trying to determine a motive for the call, which was made minutes before the airliner was to take off.
The civil aviation agency said 312 people were removed from the plane after the police communication centre received the threat.
Officials said passengers were taken to a nearby hotel and would be put on a new flight to Madrid on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air