Airliner evacuated in Chile after bomb threat
Santiago: Chilean authorities evacuated passengers and crew from an Iberia airline flight to Madrid, Spain, following a bomb threat on Sunday. Police said later they arrested a Chilean woman in the case.
Authorities said a team from Chile`s civil aviation agency searched the airliner and found no explosives.
A police official, Alfred Chiang, said on Sunday that investigators arrested a woman who had dropped off a passenger at the terminal. He said police were still trying to determine a motive for the call, which was made minutes before the airliner was to take off.
The civil aviation agency said 312 people were removed from the plane after the police communication centre received the threat.
Officials said passengers were taken to a nearby hotel and would be put on a new flight to Madrid on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday