Aisha Gaddafi gives birth to baby girl in Algeria
Algiers: Muammar Gaddafi`s daughter Aisha, who entered Algeria from Libya Monday, gave birth to a baby girl Tuesday in an Algerian town, Xinhua reported.
Aisha gave birth in Djanet town of Illizi province, a government official said.
She had arrived in Illizi Monday morning along with her mother Safiya, her two brothers and their children, the Algerian foreign ministry confirmed in a statement.
"The wife of Muammar Gaddafi, Safiya, his daughter Aisha, and sons Hannibal and Mohammed, accompanied by their children, entered Algeria at 8.45 a.m. (0745 GMT) Monday through the Algeria-Libya border," Algeria`s official APS news agency quoted the statement as saying.
The ministry said UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Libyan rebel National Transitional Council have been informed of their arrival.
Libyan rebel spokesman Mahmud Shammam said in Tripoli Tuesday the rebels have already demanded Gaddafi`s family members be extradited to face Libyan courts.
Algeria said Gaddafi`s family members have been allowed to stay in the country on humanitarian grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened