Aisha Gaddafi seeks to help brother Saif al-Islam
The Hague: One of Muammar Gaddafi`s daughters
has asked to intervene in proceedings against her brother at the International Criminal Court, saying she wants to protect his interests.
The court has charged Saif al-Islam Gaddafi with crimes
against humanity for his alleged involvement in the brutal
crackdown early last year on anti-government protesters who
eventually toppled his father`s 42-year-old dictatorship.
Saif was arrested in November by rebel fighters in
Libya`s remote southern desert and has been held largely
without access to the outside world ever since.
Libya`s new rulers say they want to try Saif. Today Aisha
Gaddafi filed a request to act as a "friend of the court" to
provide "concrete information" she said could help judges
decide their next step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash
- Oh boy! Some cool tips for men's styling
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU