Aisha Gaddafi seeks to help brother Saif al-Islam
The Hague: One of Muammar Gaddafi`s daughters
has asked to intervene in proceedings against her brother at the International Criminal Court, saying she wants to protect his interests.
The court has charged Saif al-Islam Gaddafi with crimes
against humanity for his alleged involvement in the brutal
crackdown early last year on anti-government protesters who
eventually toppled his father`s 42-year-old dictatorship.
Saif was arrested in November by rebel fighters in
Libya`s remote southern desert and has been held largely
without access to the outside world ever since.
Libya`s new rulers say they want to try Saif. Today Aisha
Gaddafi filed a request to act as a "friend of the court" to
provide "concrete information" she said could help judges
decide their next step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption