Aisha Gaddafi seeks to help brother Saif al-Islam
The Hague: One of Muammar Gaddafi`s daughters
has asked to intervene in proceedings against her brother at the International Criminal Court, saying she wants to protect his interests.
The court has charged Saif al-Islam Gaddafi with crimes
against humanity for his alleged involvement in the brutal
crackdown early last year on anti-government protesters who
eventually toppled his father`s 42-year-old dictatorship.
Saif was arrested in November by rebel fighters in
Libya`s remote southern desert and has been held largely
without access to the outside world ever since.
Libya`s new rulers say they want to try Saif. Today Aisha
Gaddafi filed a request to act as a "friend of the court" to
provide "concrete information" she said could help judges
decide their next step.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan