Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani blasts Iran`s rulers
Tehran: An Iranian pro-reform website is reporting that former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has strongly criticised the policies of the country`s ruling clerical establishment, days after a constitutional watchdog disqualified him from running in the June 14 elections.
"I think it is not possible to run the country worse than this," Jaheshnews.Ir quoted him as saying late Wednesday in reaction to his Tuesday disqualification by the hard-line Guardian Council.
Rafsanjani has not made any direct public statements since the decision. The quote was not carried on his official website, and the report could not independently verified.
Rafsanjani, a centrist, had revitalised reformist hopes. His campaign manager says he will not protest the disqualification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi