Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani blasts Iran`s rulers
Tehran: An Iranian pro-reform website is reporting that former president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani has strongly criticised the policies of the country`s ruling clerical establishment, days after a constitutional watchdog disqualified him from running in the June 14 elections.
"I think it is not possible to run the country worse than this," Jaheshnews.Ir quoted him as saying late Wednesday in reaction to his Tuesday disqualification by the hard-line Guardian Council.
Rafsanjani has not made any direct public statements since the decision. The quote was not carried on his official website, and the report could not independently verified.
Rafsanjani, a centrist, had revitalised reformist hopes. His campaign manager says he will not protest the disqualification.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan