Al-Jazeera show`s Twitter account hacked
London: The Twitter account of Al-Jazeera`s English-language social media show has been hacked by supporters of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Hackers hijacked the Twitter account of "The Stream," a program aimed at tapping into online audiences. The account featured links to pro-Assad material today.
One message claimed the stunt in the name of the Syrian Electronic Army, a group which has carried out a string of Web attacks against targets it sees as sympathetic to Syria`s rebels.
Washington-based producer James Wright confirmed in a tweet that The Stream`s social media platforms had been hacked, warning followers not to click on any links being posted from the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state