Al-Jazeera show`s Twitter account hacked
London: The Twitter account of Al-Jazeera`s English-language social media show has been hacked by supporters of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Hackers hijacked the Twitter account of "The Stream," a program aimed at tapping into online audiences. The account featured links to pro-Assad material today.
One message claimed the stunt in the name of the Syrian Electronic Army, a group which has carried out a string of Web attacks against targets it sees as sympathetic to Syria`s rebels.
Washington-based producer James Wright confirmed in a tweet that The Stream`s social media platforms had been hacked, warning followers not to click on any links being posted from the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands