Al-Jazeera show`s Twitter account hacked
London: The Twitter account of Al-Jazeera`s English-language social media show has been hacked by supporters of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Hackers hijacked the Twitter account of "The Stream," a program aimed at tapping into online audiences. The account featured links to pro-Assad material today.
One message claimed the stunt in the name of the Syrian Electronic Army, a group which has carried out a string of Web attacks against targets it sees as sympathetic to Syria`s rebels.
Washington-based producer James Wright confirmed in a tweet that The Stream`s social media platforms had been hacked, warning followers not to click on any links being posted from the account.
- Disgracing Sikh's turban: Five blasphemy accused get bail in Pakistan
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations