Al-Jazeera show`s Twitter account hacked
London: The Twitter account of Al-Jazeera`s English-language social media show has been hacked by supporters of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Hackers hijacked the Twitter account of "The Stream," a program aimed at tapping into online audiences. The account featured links to pro-Assad material today.
One message claimed the stunt in the name of the Syrian Electronic Army, a group which has carried out a string of Web attacks against targets it sees as sympathetic to Syria`s rebels.
Washington-based producer James Wright confirmed in a tweet that The Stream`s social media platforms had been hacked, warning followers not to click on any links being posted from the account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic