Al-Maliki visits battlefield, as 21 killed in Iraq
Baghdad: Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al- Maliki visited the battlefield in Anbar province Saturday and announced a rebuilding plan even as violence left 21 people dead and 26 wounded in the country, government and security sources said.
Spending several hours in his first visit to the province, the prime minister met top military and tribal leaders, who briefed him on the security situation and the development of military operations, Xinhua quoted Maliki`s office as saying in a statement.
Maliki pledged to restore security and stability across province and announced a comprehensive reconstruction plan for cities destroyed by militant groups or in clashes with them, it said.
The plan also includes training thousands of local young men, who fight the militant groups to protect their homeland in the place of the army, which will withdraw for other missions, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here