Al Qaeda appeals to women to fight in Yemen
Sana`a: The al Qaeda has appealed to Muslim women, particularly those in Saudi Arabia, to travel to Yemen and wage jihad. The appeal was made by Wafa al-Shahri, wife of al Qaeda`s second in command in Yemen, Said al-Shahri.
Wafa al-Shahri was directing her message in particular to al Qaeda colleagues in Saudi Arabia.
Her appeal was published in the latest issue of the online magazine "Sada al-Malahim", the AKI news agency reported on Thursday.
"Those of you who are religious should immediately come to Yemen," she wrote. "If your men folk are not able to defend you, come here where you will be protected.”
"In Yemen, we have found men, among al Qaeda militants and members of local tribes, who have helped us."
The young woman admitted to having led a terror cell, uncovered by Saudi security services March 24 in al-Bureida. At least 113 people were arrested.
Wafa al-Shahri, whose battle name is Umm Hajir al-Azdi, is wanted by Saudi authorities.
Before her marriage to the deputy leader of the group, she had been married to two other al Qaeda militants.
The first husband was Saudi Al Shaia al-Qahtani, whom she divorced, while the second was Abdel Rahman al-Ghamidi, killed by royal police at Taif in 2004.
Wafa married Said al-Shahri two years ago, soon after he had been released from the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata