Al Qaeda appeals to women to fight in Yemen
Sana`a: The al Qaeda has appealed to Muslim women, particularly those in Saudi Arabia, to travel to Yemen and wage jihad. The appeal was made by Wafa al-Shahri, wife of al Qaeda`s second in command in Yemen, Said al-Shahri.
Wafa al-Shahri was directing her message in particular to al Qaeda colleagues in Saudi Arabia.
Her appeal was published in the latest issue of the online magazine "Sada al-Malahim", the AKI news agency reported on Thursday.
"Those of you who are religious should immediately come to Yemen," she wrote. "If your men folk are not able to defend you, come here where you will be protected.”
"In Yemen, we have found men, among al Qaeda militants and members of local tribes, who have helped us."
The young woman admitted to having led a terror cell, uncovered by Saudi security services March 24 in al-Bureida. At least 113 people were arrested.
Wafa al-Shahri, whose battle name is Umm Hajir al-Azdi, is wanted by Saudi authorities.
Before her marriage to the deputy leader of the group, she had been married to two other al Qaeda militants.
The first husband was Saudi Al Shaia al-Qahtani, whom she divorced, while the second was Abdel Rahman al-Ghamidi, killed by royal police at Taif in 2004.
Wafa married Said al-Shahri two years ago, soon after he had been released from the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video