Al Qaeda bomb maker should be killed: US Senator
Washington: A top US Senator has said that the bomb maker, who created at least two non-metallic explosive devices to blow up a US-bound airliner, must be killed to safeguard the security of the country.
Senator Dianne Feinstein, chair of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, also said that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula is the top security threat to the United States.
"I am hopeful that we will be able to, candidly, kill this bomb maker and kill some of these other associates, because there is a dangerous process in play at the present time," News 24 quoted Feinstein as saying.
The bombs carry the signature of suspected al Qaeda bomb maker Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri, who is believed to be hiding in Yemen, US officials said.
The officials said that the bomb obtained in a recent intelligence operation appeared to be an upgraded version of the so-called "underwear bomb" that failed to blast a passenger jet over Detroit on Christmas in 2009.
The bomber from the al Qaeda affiliate in Yemen who was sent to blow up a US-bound airliner was actually a double agent who infiltrated into the group and volunteered for the suicide mission, intelligence agency officials have confirmed.
Western intelligence agencies have identified AQAP as the most dangerous and determined al Qaeda group determined to carry out attacks on the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'