Al Qaeda claims Eid holiday bombings in Iraq: SITE
Baghdad: An al Qaeda affiliate said it carried out Saturday`s bombings in Iraq, which killed dozens of people, in response to a government arrest campaign, the SITE Monitoring group reported on Monday.
The statement from Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), posted on Jihadist forums, claimed responsibility for the attacks across Baghdad and in provinces in southern Iraq targeting people celebrating the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, SITE said.
An insurgency by Sunni Islamist militants, including the local branch of al Qaeda, against Iraq`s Shi`ite-led government, has been gaining momentum eighteen months since the last US troops withdrew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok