Al-Qaeda confirms militant`s death in Algeria
Washington: Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb has
posted a video eulogy of a prominent extremist, Abdelkahar
Belhadj, who was reported killed in Algeria last week, the
SITE monitoring service said on Tuesday.
Algerian officials said last week that Belhadj was
killed with two other people July 25 as they were driving a
car laden with explosives to Algiers.
The car exploded when police tried to stop the vehicle
and then opened fired, the officials said.
In the 10 minute, 30 second video posted Monday on
jihadist websites, AQIM`s media official, Salah Abu Muhammad,
confirmed that Belhadj was killed, according to SITE.
Belhadj was the son of Ali Belhadj, the former
president of the Islamic Salvation Front party in Algeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement