Al-Qaeda confirms militant`s death in Algeria
Washington: Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb has
posted a video eulogy of a prominent extremist, Abdelkahar
Belhadj, who was reported killed in Algeria last week, the
SITE monitoring service said on Tuesday.
Algerian officials said last week that Belhadj was
killed with two other people July 25 as they were driving a
car laden with explosives to Algiers.
The car exploded when police tried to stop the vehicle
and then opened fired, the officials said.
In the 10 minute, 30 second video posted Monday on
jihadist websites, AQIM`s media official, Salah Abu Muhammad,
confirmed that Belhadj was killed, according to SITE.
Belhadj was the son of Ali Belhadj, the former
president of the Islamic Salvation Front party in Algeria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her