Al Qaeda forms `Burkha Brigade` to attack West
London: Al Qaeda has formed an all-female `Burkha Brigade` whose cadres are being trained to infiltrate and hit military bases and official buildings in the Western nations as they are less likely to attract suspicion than men.
A film posted by fanatics online shows the all-female unit of al Qaeda using a fearsome array of weapons, including machine-guns, grenade rocket launchers and sniper rifles during their training session at an unknown place.
The women are thought to have been recruited from the war-torn Russian republic of Chechnya by an al Qaeda-linked group, with bases in Pakistan and Afghanistan, British tabloid The Sun reported today.
The films carry the symbol of `Islam Awazi` or `Voice of Islam, an al Qaeda linked terror group based in Russia`s Caucus region.
The report has raised concerns among authorities and experts who say the global terror network has formed such units as women are less likely to attract suspicion than men and can easily infiltrate the security barriers.
In recent months, cases of female suicide attackers successfully hitting targets have emerged in different countries. Such bombers generally hide the explosives beneath their abaya -- a woman`s black cloak worn from head to toe.
The report raises concern as several women terrorists have been arrested in the West that includes America`s Colleen LaRose alias Jihad Jane and Germany`s Filiz Gelowicz.
In September, a female suicide bomber in Afghanistan rammed an explosive-laden car into a mini-bus carrying foreign aviation workers to the airport in the Afghan capital Kabul, killing at least 12 people including eight South Africans.
In August, a 30-year-old Russian actress who converted to Islam killed Dagestan`s top Muslim spiritual leader Sheikh Said Afandi and six others in a suicide attack.
In war-torn Iraq, several cases have been reported in the past in which female suicide bombers have targetted security officials, killing scores of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof