Al Qaeda forms `Burkha Brigade` to attack West
London: Al Qaeda has formed an all-female `Burkha Brigade` whose cadres are being trained to infiltrate and hit military bases and official buildings in the Western nations as they are less likely to attract suspicion than men.
A film posted by fanatics online shows the all-female unit of al Qaeda using a fearsome array of weapons, including machine-guns, grenade rocket launchers and sniper rifles during their training session at an unknown place.
The women are thought to have been recruited from the war-torn Russian republic of Chechnya by an al Qaeda-linked group, with bases in Pakistan and Afghanistan, British tabloid The Sun reported today.
The films carry the symbol of `Islam Awazi` or `Voice of Islam, an al Qaeda linked terror group based in Russia`s Caucus region.
The report has raised concerns among authorities and experts who say the global terror network has formed such units as women are less likely to attract suspicion than men and can easily infiltrate the security barriers.
In recent months, cases of female suicide attackers successfully hitting targets have emerged in different countries. Such bombers generally hide the explosives beneath their abaya -- a woman`s black cloak worn from head to toe.
The report raises concern as several women terrorists have been arrested in the West that includes America`s Colleen LaRose alias Jihad Jane and Germany`s Filiz Gelowicz.
In September, a female suicide bomber in Afghanistan rammed an explosive-laden car into a mini-bus carrying foreign aviation workers to the airport in the Afghan capital Kabul, killing at least 12 people including eight South Africans.
In August, a 30-year-old Russian actress who converted to Islam killed Dagestan`s top Muslim spiritual leader Sheikh Said Afandi and six others in a suicide attack.
In war-torn Iraq, several cases have been reported in the past in which female suicide bombers have targetted security officials, killing scores of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview