Al Qaeda leader Awlaki spent thousands on prostitutes in US
Washington: Slain radical American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki spent thousands of dollars on prostitutes while he traveled the United States preaching fundamentalist Islam.
On the eve of an infamous presentation Awlaki gave at the Pentagon in 2002, he was busy preparing with a prostitute he paid 400 dollars for at a Washington hotel.
According to the New York Post, it was one of more than a half-dozen liaisons Awlaki had with prostitutes between late 2001 and early 2002, while he was under FBI surveillance.
The documents obtained by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group, shed new light on the double life Awlaki was leading, while he was living in the Washington area and working as an imam at a mosque in Virginia.
In the years before he became publicly associated with al Qaeda, Awlaki was investigated by different government agencies for his predilection for prostitutes.
However, there is no indication that an ychargse were brought against Awlaki, leading Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton to question why the cleric seemed to have a `protected status,` the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city