Al Qaeda leader captured by US being quizzed on Navy ship
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Al Qaeda ledaer Abu Anas al-Libi, who was captured in a US Delta Force operation in Tripoli, is being grilled by US officials aboard a Navy Ship in the Mediterranean Sea, a New York Times report said.
Al-Libi will finally be taken to New York for criminal persecution, the report added.
The 49 year old Qaeda man, who was captured on Saturday by US Delta Forces from outside his home, was indicted in 2000 for his role in 1998 bombings in US embassy in Kenya and Tanzania.
On the run for 15 years, Abu Anas al-Libi, who was born Nazih Abdul-Hamed al-Ruqai had a bounty worth $5 million on his head and was on the FBI`s Most Wanted List.
Al-Libi studied electronic and nuclear engineering at Tripoli University and was al Qaeda`s main computer expert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested