Al Qaeda leader captured by US being quizzed on Navy ship
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Al Qaeda ledaer Abu Anas al-Libi, who was captured in a US Delta Force operation in Tripoli, is being grilled by US officials aboard a Navy Ship in the Mediterranean Sea, a New York Times report said.
Al-Libi will finally be taken to New York for criminal persecution, the report added.
The 49 year old Qaeda man, who was captured on Saturday by US Delta Forces from outside his home, was indicted in 2000 for his role in 1998 bombings in US embassy in Kenya and Tanzania.
On the run for 15 years, Abu Anas al-Libi, who was born Nazih Abdul-Hamed al-Ruqai had a bounty worth $5 million on his head and was on the FBI`s Most Wanted List.
Al-Libi studied electronic and nuclear engineering at Tripoli University and was al Qaeda`s main computer expert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply