Al Qaeda leader captured by US being quizzed on Navy ship
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Al Qaeda ledaer Abu Anas al-Libi, who was captured in a US Delta Force operation in Tripoli, is being grilled by US officials aboard a Navy Ship in the Mediterranean Sea, a New York Times report said.
Al-Libi will finally be taken to New York for criminal persecution, the report added.
The 49 year old Qaeda man, who was captured on Saturday by US Delta Forces from outside his home, was indicted in 2000 for his role in 1998 bombings in US embassy in Kenya and Tanzania.
On the run for 15 years, Abu Anas al-Libi, who was born Nazih Abdul-Hamed al-Ruqai had a bounty worth $5 million on his head and was on the FBI`s Most Wanted List.
Al-Libi studied electronic and nuclear engineering at Tripoli University and was al Qaeda`s main computer expert.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India