Al Qaeda linked militants held in Algeria
Algiers: Two Al Qaeda linked militants have been arrested in Algeria for their suspected involvement in an assassination bid against the country`s former prime minister.
The militants, suspected of plotting an assassination attempt against Algerian former prime minister Ahmed Ouyahia in 2007, were arrested separately Wednesday in the provinces of Boumerdes and Bordj Bou Arreridj, Xinhua reported Thursday.
They were suspected of standing behind the assassination attempt that targeted Ouyahia during local elections campaign in 2007, a source said.
Ouyahia miraculously survived the roadside bomb that targeted his car while he was en route from Bouira to Algiers. The explosion hit a bus carrying prisoners, killing two and leaving as many injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister