Al Qaeda linked militants held in Algeria
Algiers: Two Al Qaeda linked militants have been arrested in Algeria for their suspected involvement in an assassination bid against the country`s former prime minister.
The militants, suspected of plotting an assassination attempt against Algerian former prime minister Ahmed Ouyahia in 2007, were arrested separately Wednesday in the provinces of Boumerdes and Bordj Bou Arreridj, Xinhua reported Thursday.
They were suspected of standing behind the assassination attempt that targeted Ouyahia during local elections campaign in 2007, a source said.
Ouyahia miraculously survived the roadside bomb that targeted his car while he was en route from Bouira to Algiers. The explosion hit a bus carrying prisoners, killing two and leaving as many injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery