Al Qaeda man held for killing Yemeni Army officer
Aden (Yemen): Yemeni security forces have captured an Al Qaeda leader linked to a suicide bombing that killed a top army officer earlier this year in the southern port city of Aden, Xinhua reported.
Soldiers of the counter-terrorism unit arrested the man linked to the attack that killed Maj. Gen. Salim Ali Qatan, the commander of military forces in southern regions, a government official told Xinhua.
Initial investigations showed that the captured Al Qaeda man took part in preparations for the suicide attack that claimed the life of Qatan, who led a military assault against militants in Abyan province.
The Al Qaeda had claimed responsibility for assassinating Qatan.
The outfit has increased its attacks on both Western and government targets in the country, and has vowed to carry out more suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train