Al Qaeda man held for killing Yemeni Army officer
Aden (Yemen): Yemeni security forces have captured an Al Qaeda leader linked to a suicide bombing that killed a top army officer earlier this year in the southern port city of Aden, Xinhua reported.
Soldiers of the counter-terrorism unit arrested the man linked to the attack that killed Maj. Gen. Salim Ali Qatan, the commander of military forces in southern regions, a government official told Xinhua.
Initial investigations showed that the captured Al Qaeda man took part in preparations for the suicide attack that claimed the life of Qatan, who led a military assault against militants in Abyan province.
The Al Qaeda had claimed responsibility for assassinating Qatan.
The outfit has increased its attacks on both Western and government targets in the country, and has vowed to carry out more suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt