Al Qaeda man held for killing Yemeni Army officer
Aden (Yemen): Yemeni security forces have captured an Al Qaeda leader linked to a suicide bombing that killed a top army officer earlier this year in the southern port city of Aden, Xinhua reported.
Soldiers of the counter-terrorism unit arrested the man linked to the attack that killed Maj. Gen. Salim Ali Qatan, the commander of military forces in southern regions, a government official told Xinhua.
Initial investigations showed that the captured Al Qaeda man took part in preparations for the suicide attack that claimed the life of Qatan, who led a military assault against militants in Abyan province.
The Al Qaeda had claimed responsibility for assassinating Qatan.
The outfit has increased its attacks on both Western and government targets in the country, and has vowed to carry out more suicide attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi